Talks are dragging over a deal
for the Gabon star and the German club have warned that their price will not be driven down
ARSENE WENGER has admitted that he would like the Gabon international attacker to fill the void left by Alexis Sanchez’s departure although no deal has been agreed with the Bundesliga side thus far.
aubameyang was included in the starting XI to face Freiburg on Saturday, his first appearance in 2018, despite the mounting speculation regarding his future.
Speaking to Sky Sports, the club’s sporting director Michael Zorc said: “We have our position, just as we did last summer when barcelona tried to sign him. We are willing to work on a transfer if certain criteria are met.
“Arsenal have tried several times but we have refused everything up until now. Either our demands will be fulfilled and there will be a transfer, or they won’t be and Auba plays for dortmund until the summer.
“That’s what we told the aubameyang family and they accepted it.”
Goal understands the north Londoners have previously had bids worth €50 million and €58m rebuffed, with the German side holding out for €70m, though they may well be prepared to sell at €65m.
Wenger, meanwhile, admitted to the media on Friday that talks are showing few signs of rapid progress and even remarked that it’s possible his side will look at an alternative target.
Arsenal will be in action the day before transfer deadline day, when they tackle Swansea City in the Premier League, and it remains to be seen if aubameyang will be signed before the window slams shut.