Full List of UNILAG Courses and Requirement for 2018 Academic Session.
UNILAG Courses and Requirement
University of Lagos is one of the oldest universities in Nigeria today. It was established in 1962 and it has churned out thousands of graduates over its 5 decades of existence. Many of her graduates are well to do in the society and they have impacted Nigeria a great deal.
Excellence is what sets the university apart from others. Over the years, the school has gone through various degrees of developments and innovations, which have helped to bring it up to standard obtainable in developed countries of the world.
Motto of the school is “In Deed and in Truth”. It presently has up to 1123 academic staff members and 1,065 administrative staff members. As at today, there are up to 44,000 undergraduates studying various courses across the departments and faculties of the university. It has up to 12,000 post graduate students too.
University of Lagos has affiliation with a host of local and international organizations, which further strengthens its place of authority among other universities in Nigeria.
If you need information on the various courses offered in the university, you have come to the right place for information. Below, you will get to learn about the various courses of study being offered at the University of Lagos, Akoka Lagos State, Nigeria.
Admission Requirements for Arts, Social Sciences and Management Sciences.
1) Arts Students.
- Candidate must have at least 5 Credits in Mathematics, English, Literature in English, Government, Economics and Biology either in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council) in not more than 2 sittings and can be combined, that is, WAEC and NECO but must not be more than 2 years apart.
2) Social Science and Management Science Students.
- Candidates must posses at least 5 Credits in Mathematics, English, Economics, Accounting and Biology, either in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council) in not more than 2 sittings and please note that WAEC and NECO results can both be combined for admission process but must not be more than 2 years apart.
3) The candidate must make at least 200 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the University of Benin
Admission Requirements for Science and Engineering Students.
- Candidates must make at least 5 Credits in Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Technical drawing (Engineering Students) either in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council) in not more than 2 sittings and can be combined, that is, WAEC and NECO but must not be more than 2 years apart.
- The candidate must make at least 200 pass mark in JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the University of Benin (Uniben)
We have put together a complete list of all the courses offered presently in the university of Benin.
- Industrial Relations And Personnel Management
- Business Administration
- Actuarial Science
2. Arts And Humanities.
- Linguistics With Igbo And Yoruba
- History And Strategic Studies
- English Language
- Creative Arts
- Chinese Studies
- Technical Education
- Human Kinetics
- Home Economics And Education
- Guidance & Counseling
- Educational Administration
- Education And Integrated Sciences
- Education And Igbo
- Education And History
- Education And Geography
- Education And French
- Education And English Language
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Biology
- Education & Yoruba
- Education & Physics
- Education & Mathematics
- Education & Islamic Studies
- Education & Economics
- Education & Christian Religious Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- Business Education
- Adult Education.
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Systems Engineering
- Surveying And Geoinformation
- Quantity Surveying
- Petroleum And Gas Engineering
- Metallurgical And Material Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Estate Management
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
5. Law/Legal Studies
6. Med/Pharm/Health Sciences
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Medicine And Surgery
- Nursing/Nursing Sciences
- Marine Biology
- Computer Sciences
- Cell Biology & Genetics
8. Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Political Sciences
- Mass Communication
Each of the departments and each of the courses have their specific requirements as made available by the senate of the school. The requirements are published and updated yearly by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board. Students can access the Brochure for information regarding school admission requirements.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about UNILAG Courses and Requirement, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+