Man City plot £150m Hazard move
Hazard is currently in a contract deadlock with the Blues, and if that still stands in the summer City will look to rival Real Madrid for the Belgian’s signature.
Though City refused to pay big money for Alexis Sanchez before he joined Manchester United, they believe Hazard represents greater value, and Pep Guardiola is willing to sanction a move.
United to move for Vidal
Bayern Munich are ready to sell Arturo Vidal this summer and Manchester United are ready to swoop, reports Bild (via the Manchester Evening News).
Chelsea are also said to be interested, with Antonio Conte having coached the midfielder at Juventus.
Klopp resigned to losing Can
Jurgen Klopp is seemingly resigned to losing Emre Can on a free transfer, but insists he has no complaints about him running down his contract as long as he continues to behave professionally at Liverpool.
The Germany international has been linked with a move away from Liverpool for a long time, particularly since entering the final six months of his contract at the start of January.
Juventus are said to be the favourites to secure Can’s signature if he does leave Anfield, with a move in this transfer window even mooted initially.
But Klopp is adamant Can will not be departing before the end of the month, even if he looks likely to lose the player on a free transfer.
Barca close in on Arthur
Barcelona are closing in on a deal to sign Gremio midfielder Arthur Melo, according to Marca.
The Blaugrana have already brought in Philippe Coutinho and Yerry Mina during the January transfer window, but Ernesto Valverde is keen to bring in Arthur before the end of the month.
Real Madrid line up Pochettino approach
Real Madrid are lining up an approach for Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino to replace Zinedine Zidane, reports the Daily Mirror .
The Argentine masterminded Spurs’ 3-1 victory over Real earlier this season, as well as a gutsy 1-1 draw in the Bernabeu, and Real have been impressed by the club’s performances in Europe.
Pochettino, when asked about the possibility of a move earlier this week, refused to rule out the idea, and Real may test Spurs’ resolve in the coming months.
United on Bartra alert
Manchester United are one of the teams on alert, with Borussia Dortmund prepared to let Marc Bartra leave in search of more playing time, according to Marca .
Manchester City, Juventus and Real Betis are also reportedly chasing the defender, who has found playing time hard to come by under Peter Stoger.
Arsenal told to pay up for Aubameyang
Borussia Dortmund have told Arsenal to pay up for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this month, according to the Daily Star .
The Gunners are interested in signing the Gabon international but have thus far refused to meet Dortmund’s £55m valuation.
A £45m bid was rejected by the German club, who are determined to play hardball as they attempt to retain their key man.
Blues improve Dzeko bid
Chelsea are ready to make an improved bid for Edin Dzeko, according to the Sunday Express.
Antonio Conte wants to add the striker and Roma team-mate Emerson Palmieri, but the Dzeko is demanding a two-and-a-half year contract and the Blues are only prepared to offer an 18-month deal.
Pastore talks up Inter move
Liverpool and Tottenham may miss out on PSG midfielder Javier Pastore, who claims he’d like a move to Inter.
Pastore admits that Serie A is an attractive destination, having previously played for Palermo in Italy.
“There is a lot of talk about Inter and if I were to leave, I’d like to go there, especially as I know Serie A and my wife is Italian,”
Burnley eye Holding loan
Burnley are keen on signing Arsenal defender Rob Holding on a loan deal until the end of the season, according to The Sun on Sunday.
Clarets boss Sean Dyche wants to add more competition for first-choice centre-backs Ben Mee and James Tarkowski, and sees Holding as the ideal alternative.
The Gunners will only consider letting Holding leave, though, if they can secure a move for West Brom’s Jonny Evans.
West Ham open Pelle talks
West Ham have opened talks regarding a January move for striker Graziano Pelle, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
Former Southampton forward Pelle, who now plies his trade with Shandong Luneng in China, is being eyed as cover for the perennially injured Andy Carroll.
Pardew: Injury could stop Evans move
West Brom boss Alan Pardew has suggested a hamstring injury suffered by Jonny Evans in Saturday’s FA Cup win over Liverpool could scupper a January move for the Northern Ireland defender.
Pardew revealed on Friday that the club have received approaches for the 30-year-old but that none had met the Baggies’ valuation of the player, who has 18 months left on his contract.
Mourinho: Alexis was cheap!
Jose Mourinho has insisted that Alexis Sanchez was a “cheap” signing for Manchester United, despite his astronomical wages.
“He was cheap, wasn’t he?” said Mourinho. “A free transfer! He was free. For that price, he is fantastic. I think everyone thinks the same in this country.”
Newcastle join Luan race
Newcastle have joined Liverpool in the race to sign Gremio star Luan, according to The Sun .
Jurgen Klopp is thought to be an admirer of the Olympic champion, but the report claims that Newcastle could get a deal done for £17.5million if they move before the close of the winter window.
Spurs locked in talks over Lucas Moura
Tottenham remain in talks with PSG over the £22m signing of Lucas Moura, report the Daily Telegraph .
Spurs are determined to sign the Brazil international in January, but the deal is yet to be completed.
The two clubs remain in talks, with Spurs aware that they have until Wednesday to conclude the transfer.
Juve move for Arsenal target Carrasco
Juventus have opened talks for Arsenal target Ferreira Carrasco according to Sky Sports Italia (via CalcioMercato).
The Belgian has a €100 million release clause in his contract with Atletico Madrid, and the Serie A side are desperate to replace the recently injured Juan Cuadrado.
Pep: Quadruple is too expensive
Manchester City can’t afford to buy 22 top players according to Pep Guardiola, who claims the club are limited in their spending.
The City boss’ comments come after both Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte said their clubs couldn’t compete with the money spent by Guardiola.
Ronaldo reveals future plans
Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he has no plans to leave Real Madrid amid talk of transfer interest from Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain.
Real’s struggles in 2017-18 have highlighted the need for a freshening up of the ranks, with it suggested that Ronaldo could be a victim of that process.
But Ronaldo has pledged his future to the Blancos
Luis Enrique top of Chelsea’s list to replace Conte
Luis Enrique is Chelsea’s top target to replace Antonio Conte, with the Italian set to leave the club, report theMail on Sunday .
Enrique left Barcelona in the summer, and his availability has seen him placed above the likes of Massimiliano Allegri and Diego Simeone in the club’s pecking order.
It is understood that Conte is set to either resign or be sacked in the coming months, having clashed with the club’s players – notably Diego Costa – and hierarchy in recent months.
Sturridge set for Inter move
Daniel Sturridge is poised to complete a move to Inter Milan after Liverpool dropped their asking price for the striker, reports the Daily Mirror .
The Reds wanted a loan fee of £5m for the forward, but dropped that to £1.5m and he is now set to leave for San Siro.
Neymar happy at PSG
Neymar claims he’s happy at Paris Saint-Germain amid mounting speculation that the Brazilian could be headed for Real Madrid this summer.
“I’m happy with my team-mates and I’m happy at PSG,” he told reporters. “I have good games and numbers and come here to make history and do my best.”